Creation of Nur Muhammad ﷺ
The First Thing Allah (AJ) Created Was Nur Muhammad ﷺ
One day, Sayyidina Ali (as), karam Allahu wajhahu (may Allah (AJ) ennoble his face), asked, ‘O Muhammad ﷺ, I pray you tell me what the Lord Almighty created before all other beings of creation.’This was his blissful reply: ‘Verily, before your Lord made any other thing, He created from His own Light the light of your Prophet ﷺ. And that Light rested, haithu mashaAllah, where Allah (AJ) willed it to rest. And at that time there existed aught else – not the Preserved Tablets, not the Pen, not Heaven nor Hell, not the Angelic Host, not the heavens nor the earth. There was no sun, no moon, no star, no jinn nor man, nor angel – none was as yet created, only this Light.
All Creation is From The Light of Prophet Muhammad ﷺ
1. The Arsh, Pen, and Preserved Tablet Were Created from Nur Muhammad ﷺ
Then Allah (AJ), glorified be He, by Divine decree willed the Creation to be. He therefore divided this Light of the Prophet ﷺ into four:
- From the first part of Sayyidina Muhammad ﷺ Light He created the Pen;
- From the second the Tablets;
- From the third the Divine Throne (from the light of Sayyidina Muhammad ﷺ).
First the Pen Was Ordered to Write Kalima Tayyabah
Now it has become known that when the Lord had created the Tablets and the Pen, the Pen had on it one hundred nodes, the distance between two nodes being that of two years wayfaring. The Lord then commanded the Pen to write. And the Pen asked, ‘Oh Lord, what shall I write?’ The Lord said, ‘Write: La ilaha illallah (there is no deity but Allah).’ 70,000 years, the pen wrote. Then ordered to write for 70,000 years “Muhammadun RasulAllah” (Muhammad ﷺ is the messenger of Allah (AJ)).
There upon the Pen exclaimed, ‘Oh, what a beautiful, great name is that of Muhammad that it is to mention in one with Thy hallowed Name, oh Lord.’ The Lord then said, ‘Oh Pen, mind your manners! This name is the name of My Beloved. From his light, I have created the Throne and the Pen and the Tablets. You, too, are created from his light. Had it not been for him, I would not have created a single thing.’
When Allah Almighty (AJ) had spoken these words, the Pen split in two from awe of the Lord, and the place from which its speech issued became blocked. So that to this very day, its nib remains cloven in two and clogged up, so it does not write, which is the sign of this great divine secret. Therefore, let no one fail in veneration and honouring of the holy Prophet ﷺ, or become lax in following his shining example, or contravene the noble custom he has taught us.
Then the Pen Wrote Bismi Allah Ar Rahman Ar Raheem
Then again, the Lord commanded the Pen to write. ‘What shall I write, oh Lord?’ asked the Pen. The Lord of the Worlds then said, ‘Write that which will be until the Day of Judgment!’ Said the Pen, ‘Oh Lord, with what shall I begin?’ Said the Lord, ‘With these words you shall commence: Bismi Allah ar-Rahman ar-Raheem (in the name of Allah, the Most Compassionate, the Most Merciful).’ In perfect respect and deference, the Pen then set out to write these words upon the Tablets, and it completed writing them in 700 years.
When the Pen had written these words, the Almighty spoke and said, ‘It has taken you seven hundred years to write three of My Names; the Name of My Majesty, My Mercy and My Compassion. These blessed words I have made as a present to the nation of My Beloved Muhammad.’ By My Majesty, I pledge that whenever any servant from this nation pronounces the words of the Bismillah with a pure intention, I will write seven hundred years of countless reward for this servant, and seven hundred years of sins I will erase.’
2. From The 4th Part of Nur Muhammad ﷺ Was Created: The Angels and The Divine Court
Now, the fourth part of this light of Prophet ﷺ I have again divided into four parts:
- From one part I have created the Throne-bearing Angels (hamalat al-Arsh)
- From the second I have created the Kursi, the Divine court (the upper Heaven supporting the Divine Throne, the Arsh);
- From the third I created all the other heavenly angels;
- And the fourth part I have partitioned once more into four.
3.The 4th Part was Divided Again to Create: The Skies, Earths, Jinn
- From its first part, I made the skies;
- From its second, I made the earths;
- From its third, I made the jinn (unseen beings) and the fire;
- Its fourth part I have again divided into four parts.
4. From the Last Section Was Created: the Light on Faces, Hearts, and Tongues of the Believers
- From one part, I made the light upon the faces of the believers;
- From the second part, I made the light within their hearts, imbuing them with Knowledge of the Divine;
- From the third, the light upon their tongues which is the light of Tawhid (oneness);
- From the fourth part, I made the different lights of the soul of Muhammad ﷺ
Description of the Soul of Sayyidina Muhammad ﷺ – Insan al Kamil
This lovely soul came into being 360 thousand years before the creation of the world. And it was shaped most beautifully and made of incomparable matter. Its head was made from guidance, its neck from humility, its eyes from modesty, its forehead from closeness (to Allah (AJ)), its mouth from patience, its tongue from truthfulness, its cheeks from love and admonition, its belly from abstemiousness and other worldliness, its feet and knees from following the straight path, and its noble heart was filled with mercy.
This much-honoured soul was taught with mercy and equipped with all manner of wondrous powers. It was given its message and its prophetic qualities were installed. Then the Crown of Divine Proximity was placed upon its blessed head, eminent and exalted above all else, embellished with Divine Pleasure and given the pure, holy name of Habibullah (Beloved of Allah (AJ)).
The Twelve Veils That Allah (AJ) Dressed the Light of Sayyidina Muhammad ﷺ
After this, the Lord Almighty, blessed be He, created twelve Veils. Each month is a dress of Allah’s (AJ) Tajalli (manifestation) on the Lights of Creation. (Starting from first month Muharram)
- Veil of Power – The first of these was the Veil of Power within which the Prophet’s ﷺ soul remained for twelve thousand years, reciting “Subhana rabbil ’ala” (Glory be to my Lord, the Lofty). (Muharram)
- Veil of Grandeur – The second was the Veil of Grandeur in which he was veiled for eleven thousand years, saying, “Subhanal ’Alim al-Hakim” (Glory be to my Lord, the All-Knowing, the Wise).
- Veil of Kindness – Ten thousand years, he remained shrouded in the Veil of Kindness, saying “Subhana man huwa dayim, la yaqta” (Glory to Him who is perpetual, who never ends).
- Veil of Mercy – The fourth veil was the Veil of Mercy, therein the noble soul remained for nine thousand years, praising Allah (AJ), saying, “Subhana Rafi’ al-`ala” (Glory be to the Elevated, the High).
- Veil of Bliss – The fifth veil was the Veil of Bliss, and therein he remained for eight thousand years, glorifying the Lord and saying, “Subhana man huwa qayimun la yanam.” (Glory to Him who is ever existent, who sleeps not).
- Veil of Munificence – The sixth veil was the Veil of Munificence; he remained enfolded in it for seven thousand years, praising, “Subhana man huwal ghaniyu la yafqaru” (Glory be to Him who is rich, who never grows indigent).
- Veil of Rank – Then followed the seventh veil, the Veil of Rank. Here, the enlightened soul remained for six thousand years, praising the Lord and saying, “Subhana man huwal Khaliq an-Nur” (Glory to Him who is the Creator, the Light). (Rajab)
- Veil of Guidance – Next, He veiled him in the eighth veil, the Veil of Guidance where he remained for five thousand years, praising Allah (AJ) and saying, “Subhana man lam yazil wa la yazal.” (Glory to Him whose existence does not cease, who does not vanish).
- Veil of Prophethood – Then followed the ninth veil, which was the Veil of Prophethood where he stayed for four thousand years, glorifying the Lord, “Subhana man taqarrab bil qudrati wal-baqa.” (Glory to Him who draws nigh to His Omnipotence and Immortality). (Ramadan)
- Veil of Eminence – Then came the Veil of Eminence, the tenth veil where this enlightened soul remained for three thousand years, reciting praises on the Creator of all Causes, saying, “Subhana dhil ’arshi ‘amma yasifun.” (Glory be to the Owner of the Throne, above all else attributed to Him).
- Veil of Light – The eleventh veil was the Veil of Light. There he remained for two thousand years, praying, “Subhana dhil Mulk wal Malakut.” (Glory to the Lord over the heavenly and earthly Kingdoms).
- Veil of Intercession – The twelfth veil was the Veil of Intercession, and there he remained for one thousand years, saying “Subhana Rabbil ’azheem” (Glory to my Lord, the Sublime). (Dhul Hijjah)
The Blessed Soul of Habibullah ﷺ Gazed at Himself in the Mirror
Thereafter, the Lord created a tree which is known as the Tree of Certainty. This tree has four branches. He placed this blessed soul upon one of its branches, and it continued to praise Allah (AJ) for forty thousand years, saying, “Allahu dhul-Jalali wal-Ikram.” (Allah (AJ), Possessor of Might and of Kindness). After it had thus praised Him with many and varied praises, the Almighty (AJ) created a mirror, and He placed it so as to face the soul of Habibullah (Beloved of Allah), and commanded his soul to gaze into this mirror. The soul looked into the mirror and saw itself reflected as possessing the most comely and perfect form.
- He then recited five times, “Shukran lillahi ta’ala” (thanks be to Allah (AJ), Exalted be He), and fell down in prostration before his Lord.
- He remained in each sajda (prostration) for one hundred years, saying, “Subhanal ‘Aliyyul ‘Azheem, wa la yajhalu.” (Glory be to the High, the Sublime, who ignores nothing);
- Subhanal Halim alladhi la yu’ajjalu. (Glory be to the Mild One who hastens not);
- Subhanal Jawad alladhi la yabkhalu. (Glory be to the Generous who is unstinting).
Therefore the Causer of all Being obliged the nation of Muhammad ﷺ to perform sajda (prostration) five times a day. These five prayers in the course of one day and night were a gift of honour to the nation of Muhammad ﷺ.
Nur Muhammad ﷺ Placed Inside a Misbah
Next, the Lord created a lamp of green emerald (Bible book of revelations describes the Emerald Throne of the Heavenly King) from the Light, and attached it to the tree by a chain of light. Then He placed the soul of Muhammad ﷺ inside the lamp.
اللَّـهُ نُورُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ ۚ مَثَلُ نُورِهِ كَمِشْكَاةٍ فِيهَا مِصْبَاحٌ ۖ الْمِصْبَاحُ فِي زُجَاجَةٍ ۖ الزُّجَاجَةُ كَأَنَّهَا كَوْكَبٌ دُرِّيٌّ يُوقَدُ مِن شَجَرَةٍ مُّبَارَكَةٍ زَيْتُونَةٍ لَّا شَرْقِيَّةٍ وَلَا غَرْبِيَّةٍ يَكَادُ زَيْتُهَا يُضِيءُ وَلَوْ لَمْ تَمْسَسْهُ نَارٌ ۚ نُّورٌ عَلَىٰ نُورٍ ۗ يَهْدِي اللَّـهُ لِنُورِهِ مَن يَشَاءُ ۚ وَيَضْرِبُ اللَّـهُ الْأَمْثَالَ لِلنَّاسِ ۗ وَاللَّـهُ بِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ عَلِيمٌ ﴿٣٥﴾
24:35 – “Allahu noorus samawati wal ardi. mathalu noorehi kamishkatin feeha misbahun, almisbahu fee zujajatin, azzujajatu kaannaha kawkabun durriyyun yoqadu min shajaratim mubarakatin zaytoonatil la sharqiyyatin wa la gharbiyyatin yakadu zaytuha yudeeo wa law lam tamsashu narun. noorun ‘ala noorin. yahdellahu linoorihi man yashao. Wa yadribullah ul amthala linnasi, wallahu bikulli shayin ‘Aleem.” (Surat An-Noor)
“Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The Parable of His Light is as if there were a Niche and within it a Lamp: the Lamp enclosed in Glass: the glass as it were a brilliant star: Lit from a blessed Tree an Olive, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil is well-nigh luminous, though fire scarce touched it: Light upon Light! Allah guides whom He will to His Light: Allah present examples for the people: and Allah knows all things.” (The Light, 24:35)
Zikr of Ar-Rahman and Creation of All Prophets From Nur Muhammad ﷺ
And commanded it to praise Him with the Most Beautiful Names (Asma ul-Husna). This it did, and it began to recite each one of the Names for one thousand years. When it reached the name ar-Rahman (the Most Compassionate), the gaze of mercy fell upon it, and the soul began to sweat from modesty. Drops of sweat fell from it, as many as there were to be prophets and messengers, each drop of rose-flavoured sweat turning into the soul of a prophet. They all assembled around that lamp in the tree, and the Almighty (AJ) addressed the soul of the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ, ‘See here this multitude of prophets whom I have created from the pearl-like drops of your sweat.’ Obeying this command, he gazed upon them.
The Covenant of All Prophets to Believe in RasulAllah ﷺ
And as the light of the eye enfolds the object, so the souls of all these prophets were suddenly engulfed in the light of Muhammad ﷺ and they cried, ‘Oh Lord, who has wrapped us in light?’ The Lord answered them, ‘This is the light of My Beloved Muhammad ﷺ, and if you will believe in him and confirm his prophetic message, I will grant you the honour of prophethood.’ Thereupon, all the souls of the prophets declared their belief in his prophethood, and the Lord said, ‘I bear witness to your acknowledgment,’ and they all assented. As it is declared in the Holy Qur’an:
وَإِذْ أَخَذَ اللَّـهُ مِيثَاقَ النَّبِيِّينَ لَمَا آتَيْتُكُم مِّن كِتَابٍ وَحِكْمَةٍ ثُمَّ جَاءَكُمْ رَسُولٌ مُّصَدِّقٌ لِّمَا مَعَكُمْ لَتُؤْمِنُنَّ بِهِ وَلَتَنصُرُنَّهُ ۚ قَالَ أَأَقْرَرْتُمْ وَأَخَذْتُمْ عَلَىٰ ذَٰلِكُمْ إِصْرِي ۖ قَالُوا أَقْرَرْنَا ۚ قَالَ فَاشْهَدُوا وَأَنَا مَعَكُم مِّنَ الشَّاهِدِينَ ﴿٨١﴾
3:81 – “Wa iz akhazal laahu meesaaqan Nabiyyeena lamaaa aataitukum min Kitaabinw wa Hikmatin summa jaaa’akum Rasoolum musaddiqul limaa ma’akum latu’minunna bihee wa latansurunnah; qaala ‘aaqrartum wa akhaztum alaa zaalikum isree qaalooo aqrarnaa; qaala fashhadoo wa ana ma’akum minash shaahideen” (Surat Al-Imran)
“Behold! Allah took the covenant of the prophets, saying: ‘I give you a Book and Wisdom; then comes to you a messenger, confirming what is with you; do ye believe in him and render him help.’ Allah said: ‘Do ye agree, and take this my Covenant as binding on you?’ They said: ‘We agree.’ He said: ‘Then bear witness, and I am with you among the witnesses.'” (The Family of Imran, 3:81)
From the Pearls of Sweat of RasulAllah ﷺ, Creation Came to Existence
Then this pure, holy soul (of Prophet Muhammad ﷺ) took up its recital of the Most Beautiful Names again. When it came to the name al-Qahhar, (The Subduer) its head began to sweat once more from the intensity of His Divine Majesty and Awe. And from these beads of sweat, the Almighty (AJ) created the souls of the blessed angels.
- From the sweat on his ﷺ face , the Almighty created the Throne and the Divine Court, the Tablets and the Pen, the sun, the moon and the stars.
- From the sweat of his chest, He created the scholars, the martyrs and the righteous believers.
- From the sweat on his back were made the Bayt al-Ma’mur (the heavenly house) (Qur’an 52:4), the Kabatullah (the Ka’bah), and the Bayt al-Muqaddas (the sanctified house, Haram in Jerusalem), and the Rawda-e-Mutahhara (the purified resting Place of the Holy Prophet ﷺ at Madina), as well as all other mosques in the world.
- From the sweat on his brows were made the souls of all the believers, and
- from the sweat of his lower back (the coccyx) were made the souls of all the unbelievers, fire worshippers, and idolaters.
- From the sweat of his feet was made all the ground from east to west, and all that is within it.
Sayyidina Muhammad ﷺ is Abu Arwah – The Father of the Souls
From every drop of sweat, the soul of one believer or unbeliever was created. That is the reason the holy Prophet ﷺ is referred to as “Abu Arwah”, Father of Souls. All these souls gathered round the soul of Muhammad ﷺ, circling round him with praise and glorification for one thousand years.
قَالَ اِبْنُ عَرَبِيٍّ: “أَصِلُ الْأَرْوَاحَ: هُوَ رُوْحُ مُحَمَّد ْ ﷺ فَهُوَ أَوَّلَ الْآبَاءِ رُوحَاً”
Qala Ibn ‘Arabi: “Aslul arwaha: Huwa rohu Muhammad ﷺ, fahuwa awwalal aabayi rohan.”
Imam Ibn Arabi said: “The essence of all souls: is the soul of Prophet Muhammad ﷺ, he is the first father of souls.”
The Souls Gazed to the Soul of Sayyidina Muhammad ﷺ
Then the Lord commanded these souls to look at the soul of Sayyidina Muhammad ﷺ. The souls all obeyed.
Who Gazed Upon His Holy Face?
- Now, those among them whose gaze fell upon his head were destined to become kings and heads of state in this world.
- Those who gazed at his forehead became just chiefs.
- Those who gazed at his eyes would become hafiz (one who memorizes) of the Word of Allah (AJ) (Qur’an).
- Those who saw his eyebrows became painters and artists.
- Those who saw his ears were to be of those who accept admonition and advice.
- Those who saw his blessed cheeks became performers of good and reasonable works.
- Those who saw his face became judges and perfumers, and
- Those who saw his blessed lips became ministers.
- Whoever saw his mouth was to be of those who fast much.
- Whoever looked at his teeth would be of comely appearance, and
- Whoever saw his tongue was to become the ambassador of kings.
- Whoever saw his blessed throat was to become a preacher and muezzin (one who calls to prayer).
- Whoever looked at his beard was to become a fighter in the way of Allah (AJ).
Who Gazed Upon His Holy Hands?
- Whoever looked at his upper arms was to become an archer or a diver in the sea, and
- Whoever saw his neck became a merchant and a trader.
- Whoever saw his right hand became a leader, and who saw his left hand became a dispenser (who holds the scales and measures out provisions).
- Whoever looked at the palms of his hands became a generous person;
- Whoever looked at the backs of his hands became a miser.
- Whoever saw the inside of his right hand became a painter;
- Who saw the fingertips of his right hand was to be a calligrapher, and
- Who saw the tips of his left hand would be an ironworker.
Who Gazed Upon His Holy Body?
- Whoever saw his blessed chest would be of the learned, ascetic and scholarly.
- Whoever saw his back would be a humble person and obeying the laws of the Shari’a (Divine Law).
- Whoever saw his blessed sides would be a warrior.
- Whoever looked at his belly would be of the contented ones, and
- Whoever looked at his right knee would be of those who perform ruku (bowing) and sujud (prostration)
- Whoever looked at his blessed feet became a hunter, and
- Who saw the bottom of his soles became one of those who take to the road.
- Who saw his shadow were to become singers and saz (lute/instrument) players.
All those who looked but saw nothing were to become unbelievers, fire worshippers and idolaters. Those who didn’t look at all were to become those who would declare themselves to be gods, such as Nimrod, Pharoah and his like.
All the Waiting Souls Are Lined Up in Four Rows
In the first row stood the souls of the prophets and messengers, on whom be peace; in the second row were placed the souls of the holy saints, the Friends of God; in the third row stood the souls of the believing men and women; in the fourth row stood the souls of the unbelievers. All these souls remained in the world of spirits in the presence of Allah Almighty (AJ) until their time had come to be sent into the material world.
No one but Allah Almighty (AJ) knows how much time elapsed from the time of the creation of the Prophet Muhammad’s ﷺ blessed soul to his descent from the spiritual world into his physical form.
When Was Jibreel (as) Created?
It is narrated that the holy Prophet Muhammad ﷺ asked the angel Jibreel (as), ‘How long is it since you were created?’ The angel answered, ‘Oh RasulAllah ﷺ, I don’t know the number of years, all I know is that every seventy thousand years a tremendous light shines forth from behind the Canopy of the Divine Throne. Since the time of my creation this light has appeared twelve thousand times.’
‘Do you know what this light is?’ asked Sayyidina Muhammad ﷺ.
‘No, I don’t know,’ said the angel.
‘It is the light of my soul in the world of the spirit,’ replied the holy Prophet ﷺ. Consider then, how immense a number it must be if 70,000 is multiplied by 12,000!
From: Muhammad (S): The Last Prophet The Messenger of Islam in Ottoman Turkish
By: Hajjah Amina Adil (Q)
Original publishing date: Dec 20, 2014
Updated: June 5, 2020
- Reality of Hu, From the Ocean of La Ilaha Illallah, Muhammad RasulAllah
- All Creation from The Reality of Muhammadun Rasulullah (s)
- I Want to See Sayyidina Muhammad ﷺ
- Hidden Things Will Be Revealed Drinking From Kawthar
- One Salawat on Prophet [as] Opens His Intercession [s]
Please Donate and support us to spread these heavenly knowledges.
Copyright © 2020 Naqshbandi Islamic Center of Vancouver, All Rights Reserved.