By Shaykh Muhammad Hisham Kabbani
To accomplish these three standards of conduct is to reach the level of
Qutbanniyya, to become a Qutub.
The scholars are the inheritors of the prophets.
This does not refer to those scholars who gained their knowledge from books, but rather those Aqtab to whom Allah opened these six powers in their hearts, and the knowledge of their seven personal names.
The five highest levels of Qutub are:
- Qutub al-Bilad,
- Qutub al-Mutassarif,
- Qutub al-Irshad, and
- Qutub al-Aqtab.
- Qutub is the one whom Allah granted a power that brings out from the essence of Muhammad to extract knowledge from non-existence of the Prophet into this dunya.
- He extracts new knowledge from the heart of the Prophet Muhammad ?. This is the first level Qutub.
Qutub al-Bilad is responsible for the order of this world and to hold it together. He knows the needs of every race or group of creatures.
Qutub al-Irshad advises the 124,000 Awliya.
Qutub al-Mutassarif is authorized to channel the “happy angels” (as we described before) to different people and creatures, and is responsible even for the smallest worm that dwells inside a rock. And all of these are coming from Sayedena Muhammad (S).
Qutub al-Aqtab supervises and is responsible for all other Aqtab. ?
Above all five Aqtab is the Quawth.
He is between the “Pillar of Pillars” and the Prophet. He is the pipe, the channel. Sayed Bahauddin Naqshband was one of them, as was Sayed Abdul Qadir al-Jilani. From century to century they differ.
The Aqtab and the Quawth generate – directly from the heart of the Prophet ?
· all knowledge’s and all events that transpire in this world, from wind, to earthquakes, to rain. They must be ashraf from both paternal and maternal lineage, from Ahl al-Bayt, Hassani and Husayni. If by any chance they are not from the family of the Prophet and they are able to reach that level, then they will inherit from Salman al-Farsi, for the Prophet included him as a member of Ahl al-Bayt. He told his wife not to cover in front of Sayyidi Salman, saying, Salman minee Ahlul Bayt, although he had emigrated to the Prophet from Persia.
· Every matter of the universe is in the hands of these Aqtab, coming from Allah to Prophet, from Prophet to the aqtab. Wa yahmiloon ‘arsh ar-rahmanu yaumaidhin thamaaneeya.
· Allah created eight angels to carry the Divine Throne; no one else can carry it. Allah created these angels in a form beyond description. These eight were happy to carry the Throne, not proud, but they began to consider themselves the highest level of angels.
· Allah decided to show them His Greatness and that they are nothing. He dissolved everything underneath them and they no longer had support. Then is the Throne carrying them?
· These eight angels send their power to the six awliya we just mentioned. Allah said, “I am creating a khalifa on earth.” They replied, “Are you going to create those who will make corruption on earth and shed blood and …”
· Allah showed that they would be praised ones. In fact, these Aqtabs and the Quawth support the angels. If any of them are from other than the Naqshbandi Sufi Order, Allah gives permission to Prophet, and Prophet gives permission to their shaykh to carry the Naqshbandi Order in addition to whatever other Sufi Order they carry.
· That is why such awliya carry power from seven different tariqats.
· As Qutubs are five in number at all times, when one passes he is replaced by another.
· Allah created unique ones, the essence of the Qutubs, to take ecstasy and knowledge from every name of Allah ?. That knowledge they extract brings them to a state of ecstasy that no one could find except through those beautiful Names of Allah. From every unique name they can experience 700,000 different levels of ecstasy, from which they can pull out for humanity 700,000 different wisdoms.
After they move into these Oceans of wisdom and knowledge and their veils are pulled away, they will reach the Divine Presence at a place where they will observe the verse Allahu nuru samawati wal ard: “Allah is the Light of the heavens and earth.” And they cannot see except that light.