Ramadan’s Practices and Duas
- Print for first day of Ramadan – Welcoming Ramadan
Recite on the night before first day of Ramadan
- Print for daily Prayer – Iftar, Suhoor, and Tarawih Duas –
Supplications for breaking fast, intention, and Tarawih (nightly prayer)
- Print for 17th of Ramadan 313 Names of Ashabul Badr– Ahlil Badr –
On the night preceding the 17th of Ramadan, read the names of 313 Companions of Prophet Muhammad (saws) in the Battle of Badr.
- 3rd of Ramadan – Urs of Mawlana Khas Muhammad Sirwani (Q),
(33rd Shakyh of Naqshbandi Golden Chain)
- 4th of Ramadan (1393 AH/1973)- Urs of Grandshaykh Abdullah al Faiz Daghestani (Q), (39thShakyh of Naqshbandi Golden Chain)
- 8th of Ramadan – Birth of Imam Jafar as Sadiq (as) – (Great grandson of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and 5th Shakyh of Naqshbandi Golden Chain)
- 10th of Ramadan ‐ Passing of Sayyidatina Khadija tul Kubra (as), First wife Prophet Mohammad(saw) and the blessed mother of his children
- 15th of Ramadan (2 AH)- Birth of Imam Hassan (as) – Grandson of Prophet Muhammad (saws)
- 17th of Ramadan (2AH) – Battle of Badr (313 holy Companions of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) took part in Badr)
- 21st of Ramadan (40 AH) – Shahadat (Martyrdom) of Imam Ali (as), 4th Khalifa (Viceroy) of Prophet Muhammad (saws)
- 26th of Ramadan, the Night preceding 27 of Ramadan is Laylatul Qadr (Night of Power)
Welcoming Blessed Ramadan
Reported by Hasan al-Basri that the Prophet of Allah, Sayyidina Muhammad said:
رَجَبٌ شَهْرُ اللَّهِ ، وَشَعْبَانُ شَهْرِي ، وَرَمَضَانُ شَهْرُ أُمَّتِي
“Rajabu shahr ullahi, wa Sha’banu shahryi, wa ramadanu shahru Ummati.”
“Rajab is the month of Allah, Sha’ban is my month, and Ramadan is the month of my followers.”
The Welcoming of Ramadan’s adab (Etiquette/practice) is to be performed on the day prior to first day of Ramadan, in the evening between Salatul ‘Asr and Maghrib. It`s recommended to do the following:
1. Perform ritual purification Ghusul/Shower after Salatul ‘Asr (before sunset).
2. Dress in best clothes and pray 2 raka`at Salaat al Wudu.
3. Make Intention – Niyyat اَلْنِيَّةْ by reciting:
نُوَيْتُ الْاَرْبَعِينْ، نُوَيْتُ الْاَعْتِكَافْ، نُوَيْتُ الْخَلْوَة، نُوَيْتُ الْعِزْلَة، نُوَيْتُ الرِّيَاضَة، نُوَيْتُ السُّلُوكْ لِلّهِ تَعَالَي اَلْعَظِيمْ
فِيْ هَذَا الْمَسْجِدْ(فِيْ هَذَا الْجَامِعْ)
Nawaytul Arba’een, Nawaytul ‘itikaf, Nawaytul Khalwah, Nawaytul ‘Uzlah, Nawaytur Riyada, Nawaytus Sulook, Lillahi Ta’al al ‘Azhim fee hadhal masjid (or fee hadhal jami’)
I intend the forty (days of seclusion), I intend seclusion in the mosque, I intend seclusion, I intend isolation, I intend discipline (of the ego), I intend to travel in God’s Path, for the sake of God in this mosque.
4. Recite 100 X Salawat – send praising upon Sayyidina Muhammad (saws)
(Imagine yourself in Rawdah Sharif (blessed garden), in front of the maqamof the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), in Madinatul Munawera facing the holy Messenger of Allah and praising:
اَللَّهُمَّ صَلِّ عَلَى سَيِّدِنَا مُحَمَّدٍ، وَّعَلَى آلِ سَيِّدِنَا مُحَمَّدٍ
“Allahumma salli ‘ala Sayyidina Muhammadin, wa ‘ala aali Muhammadin wa sallim”
O Allah! Send Peace and blessings upon Muhammad and upon the Family of Muhammad (Peace be Upon him)
5. Recite the Welcoming Ramadan
Blessings of Ramadan and Fasting
شَهْرُ رَمَضَانَ الَّذِي أُنزِلَ فِيهِ الْقُرْآنُ هُدًى لِّلنَّاسِ وَبَيِّنَاتٍ مِّنَ الْهُدَىٰ وَالْفُرْقَانِ ۚ فَمَن شَهِدَ مِنكُمُ الشَّهْرَ فَلْيَصُمْهُ ۖ وَمَن كَانَ مَرِيضًا أَوْ عَلَىٰ سَفَرٍ فَعِدَّةٌ مِّنْ أَيَّامٍ أُخَرَ ۗ يُرِيدُ اللَّـهُ بِكُمُ الْيُسْرَ وَلَا يُرِيدُ بِكُمُ الْعُسْرَ وَلِتُكْمِلُوا الْعِدَّةَ وَلِتُكَبِّرُوا اللَّـهَ عَلَىٰ مَا هَدَاكُمْ وَلَعَلَّكُمْ تَشْكُرُونَ ﴿١٨٥
2:185 – “ Shahru Ramadaanal laze, unzila feehil Qur’anu hudal linnasi wa baiyinaatim minal hudaa wal furqaan; faman shahida minkumush shahra falyasumhu, wa man kaana mareedan aw ‘alaa safarin fa’iddatum min ayyaamin ukhar; yureedul laahu bikumul yusra wa laa yureedu bikumul ‘usra, wa litukmilul ‘iddata wa litukabbirul laaha ‘alaa maa hadaakum wa la’allakum tashkuroon.” (Surat al Baqarah)
“The month of Ramadhan [is that] in which was descended/revealed the holy Qur’an, as a guide to mankind and clear signs/proofs for guidance and criterion/judgement (between right and wrong). So whoever witnesses the month, let him spend it in fasting; and whoever is ill or on a journey – then an equal number of days (should be made up) by later days. Allah intends for you ease and does not intend for you hardship, and [wants] you to complete the period, and to glorify Allah for that [to] which He has guided you; and perhaps you will be grateful.”
Preparation for Eidul Fitr
Articles on Realities of Holy month of Ramadan
By: Mawlana Shaykh Nurjan Mirahmadi
- Reality of 9 – The Perfected Being, Fusion, and Multiplication
- 81 Ramadan, The Door to Mercy: IsmAllah al Muntaqim (The Avenger) & Dhu Fadl (saws)
- E=MC2 is the Secret of Lailatul Qadr – Mysteries of Lailatul Qadr and The source of Energy
- Dress of The Lailatul Qadr has 30,000 Rewards – Secrets of Number 9, 3, and 27, and three gates of Ramadan.
- Qadr Nights – Light/Power Emanate from Muhammadan Heart
- Realities of Rajab, Sha’ban, Ramadan – The Face, presence, Essence – from the realities of Insan Kamil (Perfected Human being)
From Classical Sources
1. The Excellence of Ramadan
- Excerpts from Ghunya al-Talibeen Ghawth al`Azam Sayyid Abd al Qadir Jilani
2. The Mysteries of Fasting
- The Secrets of Fasting – Muhyiud Din Ibn ‘Arabi
- The Inward Conditions of Fasting: Hujjat ul-Islam Abu Hamid al-Ghazzali
- Requirements and Conditions Pertaining to Fasting Ramadan – Imam Abu Hamid al Ghazzali
- Recommended Voluntary Worship during Ramadan – Hujjat ul-Islam Abu Hamid al-Ghazzali
- Virtues of Ramadan – Information on Preparing for Ramadan, Iftar and Suhor, tarawih…etc.
- Ahadith about holy month of Ramadan – The month of Mercy
- Information on Qiyamul Lail and Taraweeh -Night Prayers in Ramadan
- Laylat al-Qadr
- Farewell to the Month of Mercy
Please Donate and support us to spread these heavenly knowledges.
Copyright © 2020 Naqshbandi Islamic Center of Vancouver, All Rights Reserved.